WHITE NECTARINE AND HEIRLOOM TOMATO BRUSCHETTA
- Eight 1/2-inch slices of Italian- style bread
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 white or yellow nectarines, pitted and chopped
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes, I prefer yellow or orange for this recipe, cored and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced red onion
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- fresh basil leaves, torn if necessary.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced to a syrupy consistency
- Sea salt
Lightly brush each side of bread with olive oil and grill or broil or until nicely toasted on both sides.
In a small bowl toss together the nectarines, tomatoes and red onion.
Spoon the tomato mixture onto the grilled bread.
Sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese and fresh basil.
Drizzle a little of the balsamic syrup over each slice and sprinkle with sea salt.